|Zhejiang Disease Control Issues Notice|
On September 10, a positive nucleic acid COVID test was reported in the county of Xianyou, Putian City, Fujian. As of 12 p.m. of September 12, a total of 43 confirmed cases and 32 local asymptomatic infections were reported in the province of Fujian. Cases were distributed among the cities of Putian, Quanzhou, and Xiamen. The actual epidemic situation is still severe and complicated, presenting a risk of spillover. In order to effectively carry out the normalized prevention and control of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of the people, the Zhejiang Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention urgently reminds the following:
1. Persons in high-risk areas should temporarily postpone their return to Zhejiang; those who have just returned to Zhejiang should implement the “14+7 health management measures,” that is, 14 days of centralized medical observation in quarantine and a final 7 days of quarantine at home for those with a negative nucleic acid test after centralized quarantine. For those arriving in Zhejiang from the county of Xianyou, Putian City, Fujian; the town of Jieshan, Quanzhou City, Fujian; and the city of Ruili, Dehong Prefecture, Yunnan Province, “14+7 health management measures” is required.
2. “2+14 health management measures” must be implemented by those arriving to Zhejiang from Putian (except Xianyou County), Quangang District of Quanzhou City (except Jieshan Town), and the districts of Tong’an and Siming of Xiamen. The measure consists of 2 days (48 hours) of nucleic acid test monitoring and the further implementation of 14 days of daily health monitoring.
3. People who have stayed in Putian City, Quangang District, Tong’an District, and Siming District since August 26 and arrived in Zhejiang will have their health code showing either red or yellow. They are requested to timely report to the unit in charge of their residence area and actively cooperate with the institutions in accepting centralized isolation, home medical observation, daily health monitoring, nucleic acid testing, and other necessary prevention and control measures. For those arriving in Zhejiang from other parts of Fujian, it is advisable to take the initiative to carry out a nucleic acid test upon arrival.
4. It is strongly advised to bear the gravity of the situation in mind when arranging Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day holidays, pay close attention to the domestic epidemic situation, and avoid cities and districts where medium- and high-risk areas are located. Those with a history of staying in high-risk areas must actively report to the unit in charge of their residence area immediately after arriving in Zhejiang, provide truthful activity tracking and personal health conditions, and cooperate in the implementation of various prevention and control measures.
5. The COVID-19 vaccine can effectively protect individuals and significantly reduce the infection rate, severity of the disease, and fatality rate. Citizens eligible for COVID-19 vaccination are strongly recommended to go to the vaccination site closest to their residence and complete the vaccination procedure.
6. The community is reminded to maintain good hygiene habits and increase the awareness of personal protection: adhere to scientific standards of mask wearing, hand washing, ventilating rooms, as well as limiting gatherings and maintaining social distancing.
7. Individuals are also advised to monitor their own health on a daily basis. When symptoms such as fever, dry cough, fatigue, sore throat, decreased sense of smell (or taste), and diarrhea occur, they should immediately go to the nearest medical institution.
Source: Health Jindong -- September 14, 2021