Since 2011, Zhejiang Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering has launched various cooperation programs with Daegu Technical University, Dongshin University, Chubu University, Suwon Women's College, Berufliche Fortbildungszentren (BFZ) Training Center and Berlin Institute of Health.
China - South Korea Cooperation Program
1. Students who complete their secondary education at Zhejiang Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering have the opportunity to attend cooperative universities in South Korea with the dean’s recommendation. The length of study to attain associate’s degrees in South Korea is two years, and four years for bachelor’s degrees (recognized by Ministry of Education of China). For those who wish to further their education to obtain the master’s degrees there, the study period is two additional years.
2. Graduates from other high schools or vocational schools need to attend a one-year Korean language program to be qualified to study in South Korea. The length of study is the same as the above.
3. The cooperative universities in South Korea have low enrollment requirements but high-quality education. The fees to study overseas in South Korea are affordable.
4. The program is currently recruiting junior high school graduates for this year for a length of study at Zhejiang Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering of three years; for high school graduates, the study period is one year.
China - Germany Cooperation Program (IHK professional qualification)
1. The institute aims to cultivate the students into highly professional technicians through the application of German vocational education teaching ideologies and methods. Students will have the opportunity to attain professional vocational qualifications recognized by Chamber of Commerce and Industry, also known as Industrie und Handelskammern (IHK).
2. Apart from the compulsory studies students need to complete, they also have access to the specific professional areas regulated and recognized by IHK.
3. IHK professional qualification is highly recognized in Germany and in Europe. Many Chinese enterprises also see it as a significant indicator of the technician’s professional ability.
4. The program is currently recruiting junior high school graduates, and the length of study is five years.
China - Germany Cooperation Program (Health Care Major)
1. The program applies German standards, courses, models and ideologies to cultivate specialized health care professionals with good work ethic and abilities.
2. The programs objectives are to cultivate professionals with good knowledge of health care theories and techniques and who specialize in health care checkups, health consulting and guidance.
Core modules include health and assessment, psychology of health care, basic health techniques, recovery health care, nutrition and diet, first-aid and disease prevention.
3. Future occupations are data collection and analysis work at health care centers, nursing homes and health service institutes. Those who graduate as “Excellent Graduates” can be recommended to work in Germany.
4. The program is currently recruiting junior high school graduates for this year, and the length of study is five years. (Translated by Sun Yin, edited by Mariam Ayad)